Collecting General Information
When you access our website, information of a general nature is automatically recorded. This information (server log files) includes, for example, the type of web browser, the operating system used, the domain name of your Internet service provider and the like. This information does not allow conclusions about your person.
This information is technically necessary to correctly deliver the contents of web pages requested by you and is mandatory when using the internet. Anonymous information of this kind is statistically evaluated by us to optimize our internet presence and the underlying technology.
Woodland Glade have access to all resident card numbers and passwords for the residents access to the booking system, this information is only used when needed and is password protected, the general manager and staff have access to. This will be monitored to ensure only residents are booking on to the booking system portal.
These rules describe how and where data should be safely stored. Questions about storing data can be directed to the General Manager.
When data is stored on paper, it should be kept in a secure place where unauthorized people cannot see it.
This will also apply to any data that is stored electronically, but that has been printed out for whatever reason:
- When not required, the paper or files should be kept in a locked drawer or filing cabinet.
- Data printouts should be shredded and disposed of securely when no longer required for operational purposes.
- Employees should ensure that paper and printouts are not left where unauthorised people could see them, e.g. on a printer.
When data is stored electronically, it must be protected from unauthorized access, accidental deletion and malicious hacking attempts:
- Data should be protected by strong passwords that are;
- Changed regularly.
- Never shared between employees.
- If data is stored on removable media (e.g. CD, DVD, flash drive or memory stick), these should be kept locked away securely when not being used.
- Servers containing personal data should be sited in a secure location away from public office space.
- Data should only be stored on designated drivers and servers, and should only be uploaded to an approved cloud computing services.
- Data should be backed up frequently. These backups should be tested regularly in line with the company’s standard backup procedures.
- Data may be saved directly to company laptops that are password secured in line with company policy.
- All servers and computing containing data should be protected by approved security software and a firewall.
- If a resident has not logged onto the booking portal for the past 90 days their details will be deleted from the database. This will be due to the residents moving off site or no longer using the centre.
Newsletter, Board Minutes, Other Communications
When you sign up to receive our communications, the data you provide will be used exclusively for this purpose. Subscribers may also be notified by email about circumstances relevant to the centre.
For an effective subscription we request for a valid e-mail address and full name. No further data is collected. The data will be used exclusively for centre related communication and newsletter distribution and will not be passed on to third parties.
The consent to the storage of your personal data and their use for the newsletter and centre communications can be revoked at any time. Each newsletter has a link for unsubscribing in the footer of the email. You can also unsubscribe from this website using this link at any time or provide us with your request via the contact details provided at the end of this document.
If you contact us by e-mail or contact form, the information you provide will be stored for the purpose of processing the request and for possible follow-up questions.
Pictures taken at centre events and used on the website are employed for the sole purpose of portraying the event types and showcase our community. Full written parental consent will be requested where any image of a child under the age of 18 is displayed. Adults will be informed of the use at the point of the image capture.
Website Visitor Tracking
Downloads & PDF Files
Any downloadable documents, or PDF files made available on this website are provided to users at their own risk. While all precautions have been undertaken to ensure only genuine downloads are available users are advised to verify their authenticity using third party antivirus software or similar applications.
We accept no responsibility for third party downloads and downloads provided by external third party websites and advise users to verify their authenticity using third party antivirus software or similar applications.
Use of Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, due to the activation of IP anonymization on these websites, your IP address will be shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage to the website operator. The IP address provided by Google Analytics as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You can prevent the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, we point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website in full. You may also record the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (incl. Link: Browser Add On to deactivate Google Analytics
In addition or as an alternative to the browser add-on, you can prevent tracking by Google Analytics on our pages by clicking this link. An opt-out cookie will be installed on your device. This will prevent the collection by Google Analytics for this website and for this browser in the future, as long as the cookie remains installed in your browser.
If you have any questions about data protection, please write us an e-mail via firstname.lastname@example.org